Monday, February 18, 2013

Tortellini soup



Sorry, i haven't been able to post few a week or so.My friend Steve has  been in the hospital for over a week, and I have been so busy helping him out, that I just haven't had  the time to do any recipe testing.
This is my newest recipe, and this soup was delish! Recipe inspired by women world. A heart healthy soup with lots of veggies, perfect for a cold winter warm you up dinner!

You'll need:
1 Tsp. olive oil
3 carrots cut into 1/8" thick slices
2 celery ribs, cut into 1/4" thick slices
1 onion coarsely chopped, 1 cup
1 tsp.dried Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp.pepper
3 cans garden  vegetable both ( 14oz)
1 can kidney beans ( 15oz) drained and rinsed
1 pkg (13oz) frozen cheese tortellini
4oz of baby spinach leaves
optional 1 small can tomatoes

In a large pot,heat oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots,celery,Italian seasoning and pepper. cook stirring occasionally,until softened ,5-7 minutes.
Stir in broth, bring to a boil. Add tortellini and tomatoes.cook until according to tortellini package directions until just tender. Stir in spinach:cook until just wilted about 1 minute. You can if desired sprinkle graded cheese over top just before severing .

Try a  Chardonnay  with this  dish   read here!

INTER TO WIN !THE PERFECT 10 LEAVE-IN HAIR  TREATMENT!

11 comments:

  1. Yummy!! I adore any kind of Tortellini soup! Can't wait to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good! And easy enough that I can make it ;O) Love your blog, I am now following you on networked blogs and GFC!
    Would love a follow back. http://nicholsfam.blogspot.com/
    -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tortellini! This looks like a easy tasty soup! I found you from the 'Sincerely Paula' link party! I'm your newest follower! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great and will be pinning it to my food board! Just stopping in from the No Weekend Rules Blog Party...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I am a new follower to your lovely blog (Via GFC)and it really feel pleasure meeting new awesome bloggers like you. Found you through NO RULES Weekend Blog Party.

    my blog: www.wilsontom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deanna,

    This looks pretty yummy. Very hearty, and easy enough to prepare. Might give it a try soon, while it's still cold outside.

    I pinned this soup :)

    P.s. After coming back from an extended blogging break, I've started a 40 day challenge to get HEALTHY by my birthday. If you get a chance to check it out, I could sure use the support!
    Hugs, Bella :)
    Bella's 40 Day Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks scrumptious! I love tortellini, so I am definitely going to try this soup. Thanks so much for linking up with "Try a new Recipe Tuesday." I hope you will be able to join us again soon. I hope your friend is feeling better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Deanna Lyn,

    We've recently launched the site www.canadiandishes.com, where users can search through hundreds of thousands of recipes from Canadian food sites and food blogs.

    We’ve noticed that you have a great number of tasty, original recipes on your site and we would like to suggest you to have a look at our Top Food Blogs section here:
    http://www.canadiandishes.com/top-food-blogs

    If you want to add your food blog to the list and have your recipes indexed on Canadiandishes.com all you have to do is follow the instructions here: http://www.canadiandishes.com/add-your-food-blog
    Our concept is already live in Mexico, US, France, Italy and Spain amongst others. We deliver thousands of visitors to food blogs daily. Some of the top food blogs receive 10,000+ visitors from us on a weekly basis.

    We hope you will join us and your food blog will be up there in the top!

    Warm regards,
    Christina
    www.canadiandishes.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lovely, I'm your newest follower from Thumping Thursday from Blog hop. I love your Awesome blog!

    Feel free to visit & follow my blog @ www.revampspunkyrena.com

    xoxo
    Rena

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deanna, that soup looks great. Hope your friend is fully recovered now. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good ԁаy! Do yοu use Twitter?
    I'd like to follow you if that would be ok. I'm absοlutеly еnjoying your
    blog and look fοrward to new posts.

    Feel free tο surf to mу site ... how to flip cars at an auction

    ReplyDelete